What kind groups do you work with as a child development professional?

1

I want to go for a child development. I want to work with little kids in pre-k thru 5th grade, but I'm not interested in working with students higher than 6th grade. Is that possible? Can you control the age range of the children you work with? #early-childhood-education #child-development #early-childhood

Hi Mikayla. The professionals on the site tend to do a better job of answering questions when they have a little more context on the question. I tried to help expand your question -- Please take a look and make edits to expand / revise it as needed! Jared Chung BACKER Translate
1

Michele’s Answer

0

If you are interested in becoming a teacher, you do not always have control over the age group you are teaching. For example, if you go to school and graduate with a degree in elementary education, that means you could teach grades K-8. I know many teachers that taught first grade one year, then got moved to fourth grade, then into sixth and then back to second. A lot of it depends on the needs of the school you work at. There is no guarantee that you won't end up teaching a higher level grade unless you work in a school district that actually has a middle school with each teacher only teaching a specific subject. The best way to guarantee that you work with the younger guys is to get a degree in early childhood education. This puts your working with pre-k usually through 3rd grade. However, this may limit your abilities to get a job in teaching as you will not have as many options to choose from.

0