Besides health plans, how common is it for jobs or companies to spend time focusing on the mental health of workers?

I ask this because in day-to-day life I already see very little of people analyzing why they feel the way they do, see the way they do and think they way they do. I belive it would beneficial for people to spend more time considering the roots of why they have the thoughts and opinions that they have. If a company spent more time on the mental wellness of their workers, not them being able to get by or tough through things, I belive workers would be happy as more productive. This would also create a better connection and respect for their employers and their own jobs. #mental-health #of #check #methods #relationships #success- #unconventional #ups

Anna’s Answer

Most companies offer EAP, Employee Assistance Program, through which, they will pay for counseling and sometimes legal services for their employees. I've seen EAP services cover between 3 and 20 sessions depending on the plan the employer selected. Some companies also provide wellness activities, exercise classes, and trainings on interpersonal relationships.

Elizabeth’s Answer

Updated Gardner, Kansas

My job offers a service that provides you with a counselor or therapist up to 6 times a year. You can extend sessions if need be based on what you need and how much help you need. They also offer a number you can call for free to speak to someone that isn't included in the 6 times a year. I agree, if more business focused on the mental well being of their employees they would be more productive.