Caleb B.

269

4

I have two jobs and I don't know witch one to pick

Hi i'm Caleb and my dad has a job that I wont to do but I also wont to develop soft ware how can I pick witch one #software-development #jobs #career-counseling #career-development

Hi Justin,

I believe there are two fundamental ways to view your job.

1. You can have a job doing what you love.
  2. You can have a job that gives you the resources to do what you love.

For example. I really enjoy my work. I work for a great company, I work a lot of hours, and when I am successful at work it makes me feel great. I have a pretty limited amount of personal time, but that is ok for me. On the other hand, I have a friend who doesn't like his job, but it gives him a lot of personal time and pays him the money he needs to pursue his hobbies and interests outside of work.

So you need to ask yourself some questions. Does work or personal time make you most happy? Which job is most in line with what you want out of life? It sounds like both would be job jobs, so which job is harder for you to walk away from?

Last updated Apr 13 at 15:56

Caleb, Although this seems to be a tough call, I will try to simplify your decision. Today's economy allows people to work several jobs simultaneously. Get experience with your father's position and, on the side/in the evening, try your hand with software-development. When my son was in high school, he had a friend that would program mobile apps for friends as a side job in the evening. This may be difficult for a while, but after a period of time you will have a better idea which job you truly enjoy, are good at, and would like to pursue 100%. Best of Luck, Gerard Baltrusaitis
Last updated Apr 17 at 17:08

Schools Add a school