1. Did you made a video game? 2. What's your favorite part about your job? 3. Do you like your job? 4. What is your least favorite about your job? 5. Do you want to quit your job?
I'm researching for a video game designer.
2. My favorite parts of my job are the interesting problems we get to solve, and the people I get to do it with. There are a lot of huge challenges with making a game like NBA2K every year, and it's very difficult to do. We often have to find creative solutions to our problems in order to ship the best possible experience every year. But the team is fantastic, a lot of very smart people who like to help each other out! Without them, we would not be able to do it every year!
3. I enjoy my job very much, and I could not see myself doing something else.
4. Crunch can be a bit of a problem. Crunch refers to the overtime the team has to put in in order to ship the game. Thankfully for us its not too excessive and the team is well supported, but any amount of crunch is too much so we are constantly working to eliminate sources of crunch throughout the year.
5. I'd like to stay on this team for a while still, so no, I do not plan on quitting any time soon.