3

What is the best way to meet other programmers and learn from them?

Are there any groups I can join or websites I can go to and find others to teach or learn from?

3

1

Fred’s Answer

There are many websites you can go to. I am a moderator on www.coderanch.com, which has forums where you can ask or answer questions. You'll often get hints and discussions, with a lot of back and forth. StackOverflow is another popular site. It's more of a "post a question/get an answer" site. I have found it to be a lot less forgiving that coderanch, although I've not been there in years and it may have changed. I'm sure there are plenty more.

You can also go to professional sites, like LinkedIn and start connecting with or following people in the field.

If you are in school, talk to your teachers/professors, and see what they recommend. There may be local user groups that meet to discus topics, and someone in your community would have a better idea of what's available.
1
0

Balamurugan’s Answer

There are many online forums that you can use like StackOverflow. But we wary of any site that is asking for personal information or payment for entry. You can also look at product based forums like Oracle or Java to reach specific groups.
0
0

Phung’s Answer

A good direction to consider is intern. This will allow you to get meet a wide range of subject-matter experts. Programmers is "general" term, in such that there are many types, and interning will allow you to streamline your interests.
0