5

How do I combine arts and math in a career.

Art and math are my favorite classes so I want to find a way to combine them for a career.

5

1

Abdul’s Answer

Programming!! You can become a web/product/app designer or you can create scripts or plugins for different design apps.
1
1

Christina’s Answer

Consider architecture, or interior design, construction contractors, website, and graphic design or even teaching.
It all depends upon your areas of interest.

Christina recommends the following next steps:

Try to observe a job in some of your areas of interest to see if you'd be interested in that job field.
Thank you comment icon Thank you so much, Christina! I appreciate the help! Katarena C.
1
0

Gabriel’s Answer

Miss Christina Bracke's answer hit the nail on the head for me...but this is about YOU...not me...

I work in financial aid so I have a bias...but stick with me here. I think it might be worth while to start by looking at art - what aspects or varieties are you passionate about? I was fortunate do do a couple of lighting designs for a few plays back when I worked in the theatre. That definitely combined the two. Do you lean toward a specific medium? (No rules, by the way, that say you need to be stuck in one.) Math just is...not as niche-based in my mind...then again...I'm old...

The example I used earlier today "may" help...my parents wanted me to go to culinary school. They saw my passion for cooking at a young age, they cleaned their plates when I cooked - some gut instinct in me made me worry that if it was a job instead of a passion...I might end up hating it. I now cook for my wife and daughter and love it. I've also worked in the food-service industry and have seen the other side.

Do you favor one field more than the other? I'm not telling you to make a choice...you have to do what is best for you and follow your heart. My wife and one one her friends have photography as their medium. They chose to keep it as a very small side-business because they wanted to enjoy it and share that work.

Hope I was able to help, even in just a little way. You got this!
0
0

Katy’s Answer

Think about marketing - especially on a small team or at a startup. You'll need to use math to do analytics and understand what's working well, but at the same time it's super helpful to be creative/ have an artistic eye.
0
0

Andrew’s Answer

I am running the risk of dating myself, but in my college days half a century ago, an undergraduate degree in mathematics is a bachelor’s degree of arts. It is only in the 1980s that a student could earn a bachelor’s degree of science in mathematics. Therefore, mathematics and arts are not two mutually exclusive areas.

In a way, pure mathematics is an art, in which a mathematician explores the possibility of new mathematical systems and their beauty. Mathematics is the most beautiful language ever created by humankind. It is the sublimation of human intellect.

If you are a painter, a sculptor, an architect, or a partitioner of any other artistic fields, your mathematical knowledge will add value to your creations. An artist and a mathematician combined in the same person is, indeed, a very interesting combination.
0