12

what's the best answer to "WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?"

i applied for many jobs but i get stuck at interview when they ask why should we hire you please help me out with the best answer to impress the interviewer

12

1

Ann’s Answer

Great question! When the interviewer asks this question what they usually what to know is what makes you a good employee and what can you bring to the company that other applicants cannot.

The answer should be a unique quality that you have plus a solution to a problem the company is facing. So there is no standard answer for every interview. It's your time to really highlight how awesome you are!

For example, let's say I am applying for a receptionist job at a nursing home. (This was my very first job). When I do a Google search online, I see they get low reviews in customer service. I might answer the question as "I am great with people, and I enjoy making people happy. You should hire me because I will go the extra mile to make sure the people I interact with are satisfied and uplifted. You can count on me to make the families of the patients feel welcome as soon as the walk in the door."

I've noted some additional information in the next steps.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Ann recommends the following next steps:

Prepare for you next interview by doing a Google search about the company to learn where they have opportunities. Check customer review sites, news articles and if they are publicly traded Yahoo finance will have thier quartely reiews (the quarterly review will list any issues the board of directors is facing)
If you or people you know are customers then you can pull from this experience as well.
If you cannot find a problem they face, the job description will usually have language like "We are looking for someone that is..." or "Appliant shoul be someone that..." you can highlight the qualities you have that they say are needed for the role.
Note which characteristics you have that could solve this problem within the role you are interviewing and the qualities you share with what they are looking for in the job description
Thank you comment icon I will use this advice as I prepare for my career. Lauren
1
0

Surash’s Answer

Always a fun question! My advise would be to be authentic to who you are and what you are really interested in. That passion is undeniable and compelling rather than a forced answer. Being able demonstrate that passion through your LinkedIn profile or interests also help your case. Overall make sure you align with both your interests and the brands you are targeting

Surash recommends the following next steps:

Start by looking at your self/ your interest and see how you can build on those in the direction of your career
0
0

Daniela’s Answer

Just tell them that even if they think you don't fulfill all the requirements, you have GRIT and the ability to learn anything needed! I have heard this word from many employers - they need employees who want to work hard and have GRIT.
0
0

Surash’s Answer

0
0

Sal’s Answer

Relate you own experience to company needs and the role. Be genuine and it benefits both parties if the fit exists.
0
0

PRASANJIT’s Answer

For starters, I have all the skills and experience listed in the job description, and I'm confident that I can make an immediate impact on your company. It's not just my background in leading successful projects for Fortune 500 companies, but also my passion for the industry that drives me to succeed. If chosen for this role, I will continue to deliver high-quality work for the continued success of your organization.
0
0

Ankita’s Answer

Hello Jasmilan! I would advice to have a simple approach for answers to these type of questions. Make sure you mention what you have done in the past and how it relates to the work you will be doing at the company where you have applied the job.

There is no right or wrong answers to these type of questions but interviewer just look towards what work you have done in the past and what you are willing to work in the future. Hope that helps. Stay Positive! Good luck!
0
0

Reedhima’s Answer

Hi,

As I have around 3 years of experience in HR Background so I can relate to this question that why we ask this question and what is the expected answer for this question.

This question helps us to know the confidence of the candidate in relation to the job opening i.e. how the candidate is fit for the job and even we want to know what things we have noticed during the interview in the candidate, does the candidate knows about it i.e. how much a candidate is self-aware about his qualities.

The best answer to this is to first get aware of your professional qualities with respect to the job opening and then present in front of an interviewer in such a way that he left with no choice rather select you :)

I hope this will help you clear your interviews.

All the best for your future!!
0
0

Tarek’s Answer

That’s were you basically sell your skills, and to do that try to put examples with numbers of things you and your team, did in the past like “ we changed a process that makes the product move 3.5 faster” quantify!! And then say how you mange that following a method !!
0
0

Theivanai’s Answer

Hi Jasmilan,

I think every business is volatile and the employer expects you to "adapt" to the changes to assist in running the business.
Adding to what everyone else has suggested above, i think adaptability is the key to learn, explore, distinguish and grow oneself.

So, next time when the HR asks you this question you may add at the end -
"you should hire me because am adaptable! - ie ready to learn and unlearn in order to run the business."

0
0

Jordan’s Answer

You should hire me because I'm passionate, dependable, and teachable. I am not here to apply for a mere job. I'm here because I want to work for an great company doing what I love to do! You should hire me because you can count on me to show up and accomplish the work that needs to get done each day! Finally, I am excited to learn from every source available to me in order to do my job well.
0