Is there a career that combines technology and scientific research?

I'm very interested in both careers and am lost as to which I would like to pursue. #science #tech #career-details

6

Jordan’s Answer

Why choose one? A career like mine combines science, technology, and research on a near-daily basis. If working in law enforcement isn't quite something you're interested in, I'd also suggest considering other public employers (working as a researcher in a government setting like NASA or DoE can be a rewarding, stable job), academia (universities are always looking for fresh ideas, and you'll likely get paid to learn and earn a degree in the process), or other private sector opportunities (Tesla, SpaceX, Amazon, Google, Apple, IBM, Intel, AMD, Norton, McAfee, Cisco, ...), just to name a few.

This all hinges on what specific technology you're interested in, and in what context--government, academic, private work, and so on.

2

Tim’s Answer

There are many, because all modern scientific research relies on technology to some extent. With that said, Neuroscience came to mind when I read your question. Neuroscientific research uses cutting edge computer technology. Stanford is a leader in the field and a place to go for more information.

1

Vernon’s Answer

Well, Josephine, most engineering fields combine these two entities routinely. If, for example, you wanted to find out what sort of material could be used to make batteries store more electrons for a longer period of time, you would have to understand the chemistry and physics of the materials you were testing. Then, assuming you discovered an improved battery, you would be obliged to see its application(s) and the necessary equipment/technology required to make those batteries in a cost-effective manner.

By the way, the science/technology for improved batteries is one of - it not the most - compelling fields in alternative energy utilization. Start researching this and other technologies and begin listing the science necessary and how you would develop a research program. Your teachers/professors will help you create time lines, experiments and reporting skills.

1

Navshree’s Answer

Hi there, I'm so glad that you are going after such science and technology. It's a great career to be in with numerous opportunities and growth. I do feel you are slightly confused about the two. In a nutshell they go hand in hand. Scientific research is when you apply your knowledge, hypothesis to find something, technology can be considered as a tool to accomplish that. Technology helps you translate your logic into action.

There are plenty of options out there depending on which branch of science you are interested in. Biology, Chemistry, Astronomy, Physics? Once you provide me which field interests you, I can then help you further narrow down your options.

0