11

UI/UX DESIGNER HELP

I need help getting started in my ui/ux design career, also any tips on being a project manager will also be super helpful. Every website I look on to try and get a certificate is almost $1000

11

1

Rebecca’s Answer

Hey Mia!

The most valuable qualification for getting into project management would be getting either your Scrum Master certification or Six Sigma.

Thank you comment icon Thank you so much! Mia
1
0

Allusia "Lucy"’s Answer

Hi Mia,

I recommend Coursera, which has a great range of courses for UX/UI as well as Project Management. They offer 7 day free trial as well as Financial Aid. I also agree on LinkedIn Learning, as there are a large number of great courses there as well. If you want to take it a step further, check out General Assembly for workshops and hand-on courses on UX/UI.

Hope that helps!

Allusia "Lucy" recommends the following next steps:

Research Coursera
Research LinkedIn Learning and General Assembly
0
0

Emily’s Answer

To answer your UX/UI design question: What employers really look for is a robust portfolio with good storytelling. If you haven't taken a course in design, then you probably should do the certificate program. The certificate can also be a good way to get your foot in the door. You might be able to find free or low-cost online courses - the Google UX design certificate is $39 per month.

Another invaluable activity is to seek out informational interviews with UX/UI designers. What does their typical day look like? What are the highs and lows of the job? Don't be afraid to reach out to people on LinkedIn and ask them about their jobs!

Best of luck,
A team of UXers at SAP
0
0

Sharanya’s Answer

Hi Mia! I would start by taking an online course and embarking on a few exploratory projects to add to your portfolio. In UX, the certificates and bootcamps in my opinion can be of less value than designing for real life clients and solutions (this could be through freelancing or interning).
Thank you comment icon Thank you, this is really helpful. Mia
0
0

Arnaud’s Answer

I work for Adobe and we use Adobe XD extensively - which really helps us bring our app vision together early in the dev process. You can use this resource here - https://xd.adobe.com/ideas/career-tips/online-ux-design-courses-bootcamps/ to get some good courses.
0
0

Emily’s Answer

Mia, usually employers look for PMPs. Although it's expensive, you also will need hours of experience to get certified. I would recommend, on top of using social sites, trying to attend in-person networking events. They usually are receptive to students who want to share their aspirations. It is also a great way to find mentors in your area.
Thank you comment icon Thank you so much for the advice. Mia
0
0

Phani’s Answer

Please find some UX training links from below:
https://careerfoundry.com/en/blog/ux-design/free-ux-training/

Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice. Mia
0
0

Claire’s Answer

Udemy has some really good UI/UX and mobile app development courses and will run sales every so often where their prices are greatly discounted. You can also start building a portfolio since I think that may speak more than a certification, and later on you could get a certification or you might find that you don't need one anymore.
0
0

Liam’s Answer

Hi,

LinkedIn learning is a fantastic resource full of courses on a wide range of topics. While I cannot think of a specific course right now, if you search for UI/UX courses there you are bound of find a whole host of courses. Many LinkedIn courses also offer some kind of accreditation for your attendance.

Another great resource is this one: https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=UX

I'm not sure if you have access in the US (I'm in Ireland) but hopefully you do.

For Project management, I would recommend doing PMP certification for Project Managers.

https://www.udemy.com/topic/PMP/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw08aYBhDlARIsAA_gb0fbzyUAF5YJubwLAyVTrUJGplXSS6cZhhezRFf02M7OIj0LuWvpUZ0aAiBXEALw_wcB&matchtype=e&utm_campaign=Brand-Topic_la.EN_cc.INDIA&utm_content=deal4584&utm_medium=udemyads&utm_source=adwords&utm_term=_._ag_139989573310_._ad_595460369430_._kw_udemy%20pmp_._de_c_._dm__._pl__._ti_kwd-406089853086_._li_20469_._pd__._

I'm not sure what this certification will cost you, but trust me when I say any employer will appreciate seeing it on your CV.

Hope this helps.
0
0

Shweta’s Answer

To start a career in UX/UI design you can try to go through few videos online to understand the process, as its very dynamic. After getting some hint on it you can try to think about new ideas. If it fits out, you can then go a certified course.
0