9
Updated 118 views Translate

I have big problems with my grades in school, especially in math. How do I improve?

I have big problems with my grades in school, especially in math. I, on the other hand, do not trust math teachers because I often had problems understanding the subject.

Thank you comment icon James: Welcome to CareerVillage.org. Could you please elaborate on your posting and clarify a few items for us? 1. How big is the problem with your grades in school? 2. In addition to math, do you have problems with other subjects? 3. You have trouble understanding only math or other subjects as well? 4. Do you distrust a single math teacher or all math teachers? 5. Are you in college today? If yes, what would you like to get out of college? Your answers can help us better respond to your posting. Jackson Ku

9

0

Rebecca’s Answer

Thank you for your question. It is good that you would like to improve your school grades.
Below are some suggestions :
1. Assign the time you complete the assignments and projects every day. It can help you to understand what has covered in the class
2. Review all the topics that have covered in the lesson everyday. If you have anything not clear, you better ask the teacher on the next day.
3. Preview the topics that going to cover in the lesson on the next day. In case you have anything questions already, you can ask the teacher in the class on the next day.
4. Form study groups with your classmates, they also help you to deepen your understanding on the topics.
On the other hand, I am not sure on your problem with Maths teacher. You can try to setup some time with your teacher to discuss on the topics you have questions on. If it does not work, you can also try to look for assistance from your classmates. Alternatively, I am not sure it would be feasible for you to attend some tutorial classes.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!
0
0

Scott’s Answer

James, your question is a little vague but I sense you are frustrated. I understand, as math haunted me all thru school as well. Your distrust in these teachers comes from your aggravation and feeling that none of them are giving you the assistance that you feel you need. Heres my suggestion:

1) Write down two concerns that you have in math class. This doesn't have to be a specific formula or theory you are having issues with, but a more broad, general 'what's bothering you' list. (mine would be 'I get frustrated easily' and 'I get distracted easily'). Bring these concerns to ANY teacher or staff member you trust. (Try to keep it to two, as more questions will eat up valuable time and leave an opportunity to get off track) Hopefully they can help steer you into a productive direction.

I went thru this very same struggle and learned how very important it is to take a breath and walk away when you get worked up over an issue like this. The more frustrated you become, the worse it gets. Take a breath break the cycle, approach from a different angle.

0
0

Sikawayi’s Answer

Hello James F. a lot of students have problems with their grades while in high school. my advice to you is to do an internet search and find math questions that the computer walks you through. Or you can talk with your math teacher who may recommend and in person teacher who could help you with your math skills. Finally, you can go to the bookstore and tell the clerk you need practice test book for math. They will give you a choose of books but if you ask, they will recommend one. Good luck.
0
0

Karina’s Answer

Hi James!

I would suggest asking your peers for help if you do not trust maths teachers. For example, if you are not looking for a private maths tutor or it is out of budget, peer tutors usually charge less or might do it for free if it is your friend. I found this really helpful when I was in high school. Also you can search up YouTube videos to help you understand specific maths topics. The most important thing is practice because there is no other way to revise for maths exams.

Hope it helps!
0
0

CVS Health GMCIP’s Answer

When a topic isn't interesting/difficult, it's better to find ways to incentivize it based on things you do like. For example, one way to do this is to find topics within math that interest you and find the interconnections between topics. If you, for example, find geometry to be easier than algebra, find ways that you can apply algebraic formulas to geometrical content. Additionally, YouTube is a great resource for coaching you through topics as well. Educational channels such as NumberFile, Veritasium, 3blue1brown are all great resources. Of course, Khan Academy as well. Finally, it can be difficult to really work on a subject in school without real world applications. Ask questions, find the math in your everyday life. This can provide a new perspective, and a new importance to the subject which can make it more accessible and pique your interest in the topic.
0
0

Ashley’s Answer

Seek out help from a peer or even tutoring that may be available. Practice seems like the most obvious option but can definitely help with perfecting the type of math that you are working on.
0
0

Shamik’s Answer

While I cannot comment on http://essaypapers.reviews/, I will advise to consider tutions to learn the subject. Efforts you invest in learning Math will help you in the long run.

Hope this help.
0