5
Updated 170 views

What's it like working as a pharmasict?

How long have you been with the company?

Has your role changed since you've been here?

What did you do before this?

Thank you comment icon Also, remember that pharmacy is a remarkably versatile degree. There are the pharmacy practice roles in retail, hospital, clinics, etc., but many move on to industry roles in medical affairs, regulatory, quality, or drug safety. There is a lot you can do with pharmacy! David Fryrear

5

0

ARIYO’s Answer

Working in pharmacy can be a rewarding experience that both challenges your scientific knowledge of medicine and allows you to help others with their daily needs in mental and physical health. Pharmacists help organize, package and deliver medications to customers through a pharmacy and program.
0
0

Bryan’s Answer

Maya, pharmacists of the future can have many roles.
I have been in pharmacy over 35 years and have had many roles. I was a pharmacy technician in the Army, I worked in managed care, long term care, independent/compounding, outpatient/retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician instructor and last year I did over 8k immunizations. Most of my career has been in retail and community pharmacy, but I have been fortunate enough to be able to find different areas of pharmacy that I have really enjoyed.
0
0

Saima’s Answer

Hi Maya,

I have been a Pharmacist for 24 years. I started off in retail and have also done medication therapy management reviews, been in corporate, and most recently in clinical pharmacy and managed care (reviewing prior authorization appeals). I have most enjoyed clinical pharmacy and I also had the opportunity to work remotely which was great during COVID.

0
0

Bether’s Answer

if you are very serious about pharmacy school, first become a pharmacy technician. you will have an entry level job in a pharmacy and you can make some decent money while seeing first hand every day exactly what pharmacists to. you will also learn how to deal with patients which is very valuable. i think it takes a semester or maybe two of community college to become a pharmacy technician.
hope this helps!
bether
0