Hi! I would encourage you to choose a premedical major like chemistry or biology if you want to pursue a career as a plastic surgeon. The course work for a kinesiology degree often requires a lot of bio and chem classes but is really no substitute for actually majoring in either subject. Becoming a plastic surgeon requires you to complete medical school and earn your MD then complete a residency as a plastic surgeon in a hospital. A daunting task, I know. But you can do it! And a chem or bio major would be the best preparation for you to do so.
Dominic recommends the following next steps:
- Choose either Biology or Chemistry as a college major.
- Look into medical school prerequisites
- Match up your undergraduate coursework to best meet those of the medical school prerequisites
- Prep and take the MCAT Exam
- Apply to a good number of medical programs