Mackayla M.

16

1

As someone that is undecided about what to study in college, what tips are there for finding an interest that balances personal happiness and economic confort?

This question is incredibly important to me because it addresses my largest concern, not just in terms of post-secondary education, but for life in general. As a naturally indecisive person, I perform well academically in all classes, but no colleges or majors have stricken me as "the one." What can I to improve my situation and lead a healthy balanced life?

#undecided #career-planning-for-long-term-happiness #happiness

chat-bubble-icon1 answer

Hi Mackayla, Since you asked specifically about economic comfort you can do some research on the website www.glassdoor.com to get a sense of what jobs have what salaries. It is definitely important to have a balanced life. If you work at a job you love but doesn't pay enough then financial troubles will cause stress in your life. Vice versa if you work at a job that you don't enjoy at all but pays very well then you wouldn't have the healthy work-life balance you want. First recommendation would be to create a list of careers/fields of studies that are interesting to you. It doesn't have to be "the one" at first. Then use the glassdoor.com to see what salaries those careers earn and if that influences your decisions at all. Other factors will affect a specific job salary, but you can get a sense of the average. Then ask yourself that if you really had to choose, which one is more important? Job satisfaction or financial comfort? You can have both but you should have a plan to be able to make tough decisions on hard scenarios. For example the link below is for Scientists in Kingsport, TN https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/kingsport-scientist-salary-SRCH_IL.0,9_IM449_KO10,19.htm Since you're doing well in all your classes you have options. The hardest part may be narrowing down your path but it's also an important one. Best of luck!

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Sep 26 at 10:41

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools