What is generally expected of a Forensic Scientist?

Updated Orem, Utah

I've wanted to go into forensics for a while and I want to know a little more about it. #forensic-science #forensics #law-enforcement #forensic-investigation

Jordan’s Answer

Updated Aurora, Illinois

A forensic scientist is generally expected to be unbiased, honest, and curious. If you find that those three qualities apply to you, not just professionally but personally too, then you're off to a great start. The rest is up to you.

Jordan recommends the following next steps:

• Think about the things that interest you most when it comes to science. Chemistry, biology, computer science, physics...
  • Look for college programs (most recommended) or internships (useful on their own, but most effective when supplementing a college degree) that match those interests.
  • Use your newly acquired knowledge, tools, and techniques to get an entry-level spot and start forensicating in the real world.