How can I change my outlook on life and its complications to be less stressful and more enjoyable?

3

college applications and everything is piling on me. I know it'll all turn out to be okay, but I can't help but feeling super stressed all the time
#stress #stress-management #college

3

Annie’s Answer

1

This is a super stressful time in your life and good for you for acknowledging that and looking for ways to make it easier! The whole process is really overwhelming if you look at it in it’s entiretly. When I have a task that’s massive I start breaking it into bite size chunks that I can list on a to do list. For example, completing 5 or 10 applications is scary stressful. Going through these applications and listing the deadlines and essay questions is a great way to organize, check something off, and just get started. Maybe the next step is tackling the essay question that is most similar to the others so you’re able to use that as a foundation for multiple applications.

Finding something that relaxes you and makes you happy and scheduling time for yourself to do that thing is also important. If you’re not taking care of yourself you’re not going to get anything done well. Love hanging out with your friends? Give yourself Friday evening off to go to the movies knowing that Saturday morning you’re going to work on an application.

Lastly, keep asking for help! There’s this feeling that you should be able to do all of this on your own and shouldn’t have to rely on anyone. That’s not true! Making sure those you’re closest to know that this is how you’re feeling can sometimes go a long way. Besides, those that want you to succeed also want to help you do so!

Annie recommends the following next steps:

• Break down your to do list into smaller items-listing “complete x number of applications” is terrifying. Listing-fill out all info but essay on application #1 is not only useful but doable and give you that feeling of accomplishment.
  • Take care of yourself! Schedule time to do what you love.
  • Ask for help when you need it. Talking to others can make you feel a lot better and those who are closest to you want you to succeed! Don’t keep the stress all to yourself.
1

Judith-Ann’s Answer

0
This is a very good question. When you say you know it will turn out ok, do you believe it. If you believe, then you can conceive it. Use all the energy you are using to stress yourself for good. Make a list of priorities. Do each thing on the list one at a time. Check it off and shout hallellujah! Make yourself laugh, rest a minute and go to the next thing on the list and before you know it, you will be focusing on the positive, getting excited about the future, and enjoying your #resume# college.
0