What is the best way to plan my college schedule if I want to become a pharmacist?

I am asking this because I would love to become a pharmacist. I would like to know what classes that would help prepare me the best for my future classes.
#pharmaceuticals #pharmacy #pharmacist #pharmacists #medicine #college

Jeffrey’s Answer

Two pathways. Community college, take all of your core requirements with a focus on what you need to transfer to a traditional five year PHARMD program for the last three years. This can save you a considerable amount of money if you are looking at a private school of pharmacy.

If you are interested in a State school, by all means contact the State University, establish that you have an interest in their program and the profession. Find out about financial aid, academic awards, and become familiar with the financial application process.

The more you know going into an interview, the better the outcome. There is a syllabus that every school of pharmacy has, and they expect students to adhere to that track.

James’s Answer

just take the basics required for admission. Major in something that will provide employment in case the pharmacist job market continues to deteriorate and you wisely decide to forgo attending pharmacy school.

You need to go to a school with a pharmacy degree program and get admitted to that program and take the courses that are needed to get your degree. There is no other path.

Ashley’s Answer

Hi Amber! Just to clarify, do you mean high school courses or college courses?

Rachelle’s Answer

Your goal is to get into a PharmD program (graduate school). Most universities offer a "pre-pharmacy" pathway, you just need to ask. I would talk to the Biology or any science related department. Most science degrees will work to get into a PharmD program. I would look up PharmD programs around you and see their pre-reqs. There are even some PharmD programs that allow you to apply with just the pre-reqs and not a full bachelors degree. Get good grades in all your science classes for a better chance of getting into the PharmD program.

Amber’s Answer

Hi Amber,
I would also ask, do you mean high school schedule or college?

Academically sound science course base.