Jordan S.

61

1

What career(s) would be best for someone who is great at speaking in front of crowds?

I want to do something related to business, rather than acting or theater. I am currently captain of my school's improv troupe, but I much prefer hosting the games then playing them. I suppose I want a Public Relations degree so that I can present things to the public, but I am not sure if that is the best. Any help would be appreciated!

#speaking #public-speaking #public-relations #presentations #improvisation

Jordan, congratulations on being the captain of your school's improv troupe. Way to go! A Public Relations degree will be a great start, and will go a long way if you happen to choose one or more of the following career options: Spokesperson (You'll get plenty of time in front of cameras and crowds as a spokesperson or press secretary) Professor Performance Coach Social Entrepreneur CEO / COO Project / Program Manager Speech Writer News Anchor Politician Religious Leader Motivational Speaker Lawyer Entrepreneur.. Steve Jobs:) Wish you the very best for all your endeavors!
Last updated Sep 05 '17 at 13:56

Any leadership position would be a great choice, as you'll be required to do this often. Journalism, teaching, Business Management as well as Real Estate are just some options since you'll have to be a public figure often. You can also think about your passions and what you love to do and be an entrepreneur/self-starter in these areas...Hope this helps Best to you! Now go out there and get it! =) Don't let fear or naysayers stop you--if you truly want it you'll never stop
Last updated Sep 07 '17 at 18:05

Well done you! It's great that you found something to be passionate about. In addition to the other responses, I'd add that being an excellent communicator (including writing) will make you successful no matter what field you pursue. I know successful public speakers who are pilots, lawyers, and doctors by trade, but their fields allow them to be subject matter experts. Take a look at the link below. It gives you a good idea of what kinds of outcomes result from public speaking. Look for something that you love, something that you are good at, and that will help you achieve the goals (outcomes) you set for yourself. The world is your oyster, Jordan. Go crack it open! https://www.ethos3.com/2014/08/10-reasons-to-start-a-speaking-career/
Last updated Sep 16 '17 at 13:29

Schools Add a schools