How can you maximize scholarship money?

I want to make my college career affordable and I don't want to be drowning in student loans after I graduate! #money #scholarships #grants #tuition #merit

Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Go to your finance counselor on campus and talk about different opportunities or ways to pay for school. Work during school on campus and contribute money to your account. Do not take any extra money that is on your account let it roll over. Try to decrease the meal plan package that they offer you. There are many ways to decrease the cost of college. Jacquese B.

Kellie (Kinsella)’s Answer

Hi Sarah! You're asking a GREAT question about trying to earn scholarships to help support your college education. The best thing to do is to start early when looking for scholarships because there are often multiple steps to follow. I'd recommend looking locally for smaller organizations that might offer scholarships based on where you grew up, organizations you might be a part of at schools, or through any religious or community groups. Below are some other next steps you can take to look or them as well.