Take a paper and pen and write down all your requirements for a good job on your paper. While writing on paper you magically get clarity on what you want. You might want to remove some and might want to add some.
It's very important to get clarity on what you want before following some suggestions otherwise you end up frustrated.
Once you get clarity then pick the right suggestion to pursue more.
Post a question specifically on your requirement, you get great responses.
Evaluate yourself against those skills.
Determine if there are gaps in your skills.
Acquire the necessary skills to fill that gap.
Continuously get better and better over time, and challenge yourself. Network, and connecting with mentors or coaches will help you be open to feedback.
- Don't be afraid to ask question(s)
- You should be always positive and energetic
- Positive Attitude and Teamwork
- Being a good listener, identify & anticipate job needs
- Identify your Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities & Threat
- Seek for feedback and improvise the learnings
- Set ISMARTS Goals (Inspirational, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound, Self-Treat)
- Keep updating yourself with new skills, technologies
Response was written on behalf of a group of volunteers at HPE.
You should have a conversation with your manager to understand your tasks and challenges, the processes that come with these.
Also, it's very important to learn from your colleagues and practice!
And of course, be patient - as good things take time.
Always stay in the learning mode - make sure you never get saturated. Learn something new! Also always feel free to discuss this with your manager.
Don't be afraid of challenges! And never be afraid to make mistakes. Just make sure to learn from them!
Good luck Sharon!
Do you work in retail or manufacturing or have an office job.
Apply the basic principles that applies in general without being specific role.
1) Read the job description again and reread it. This is your job and the employer expects that you do this well.
2) Take initiative and do beyond what is required of you.
3) This is the last one - whatever you do - do it well and if you have doubts recheck your work and fix it before submitting it. If you have a mentor at the job or find one to guide you.
Sue recommends the following next steps:
make sure check whether the place and people are secure for you, how far you can achieve in that job.
Built a strong relationship with the people you are working and get some knowledge from them on each move.
you may get an idea or recommendation from them but for that you have to prepare yourself as well and
educate yourself to next level. Once you complete your work try to ask feedback from them, from there you able to upgrade your work style &
you may know what perfect Job for you.
written on behalf of a group of volunteers at HPE
Keep the confidence. Confidence is the first ingredient for success.
Keep learning. Learning will keep you always up-to-date.
Life and work balance. Rest well in order to work well.
Practise active listening and speak with your co-workers as and when possible. Read and conduct your own research, and ask questions when unsure.
On Behalf of HPE voluntaries
Learn from your mistakes.
Develop strong communication skills.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Be an effective teammate.
Pay attention to detail.
Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
Display honesty and integrity.
Demonstrate leadership abilities.
Develop organizational skills.
Remember, getting good at your job is a journey, not a destination. Be patient with yourself, stay positive, and keep working hard. With dedication and perseverance, you'll be able to achieve your goals and become a valuable asset to your organization.
Scott recommends the following next steps:
1. Ensure your Work- Life Balance, more of us fail to meet either one that will affect both side.
2. Plan and schedule your every task/goal with priority and ETA.
3. Take a ownership of your activity and and being effective.
4. Keep updating your skills , ensure to spend few hours for new learning.
5. How different you are in your Team & Work. Keep effective discussion with Team and Manager on roles & Responsibility.