What should I major in if I am interested in space, and working at NASA, and also discovering other galaxies, life outside of earth, and planets?

Updated San Jose, California

I've always been extremely interested in outer space, and life outside of earth. I don't want to be an astronaut, but rather be a worker at NASA helping discover/research other planets. #outerspace #nasa #aerospace #astronomy

Luis "Lou"’s Answer

Updated Saint Petersburg, Florida
Anything science related. There is the obvious engineering, physics (astrophysics, astronomy, etc), math; and the not so obvious like geology, biology, computer science, medicine. However, the real question is not what, but to what level? If you want to be considered, you need to become an expert in your field, which means at least a PhD. As an expert in your field, if you don't end up working with them, they will seek you out. So pick something you like, something you are really interested in and be the best at it.

Reginald’s Answer

Updated Saint Petersburg, Florida
Astronomy would put you in the exploration of stars and space outside of the solar system. I think planetary science would get you a position at NASA.