Seeking an internship for the summer

Updated Edison, New Jersey

I am a sophomore majoring in Accounting/Finance, and I have previously studied Accounting in my high-school but with IFRS. I was awarded 2 national awards under Accounting by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) board when I gave their examinations. GAAP is similar, and I do have a bit of experience in GAAP as well since I have taken relevant courses. I am looking for internships in NYC for Summer 2018! So what are the best possible ways to land a summer internship and where to look for them?

#internships #summer-internship #finance #accounting

Updated Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Nimit! Congrats on those certifications! Often, larger companies will have a specific section of their website dedicated for interns. I would recommend identifying some companies in NYC that interest you, and then seeing if they list any available internships on their website. (There's usually an intense interview process, so I definitely recommend finding people that you know at that company and asking for a referral.) For example, I work at Salesforce. While we're HQ'd in San Francisco, we have a New York office. Here's our webpage for college students: https://www.salesforce.com/company/careers/university-recruiting/
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply. I have been checking many companies and their opportunities, but it is a bit difficult to get responses from them. I do not know many people who work at those firms so getting recommendations is extremely difficult. Do you think I should do anything else? Thank you for the link as well. I will check it out. Best, Nimit
Hi Nimit! I would see if anyone you know on LinkedIn is connected with people at companies you are interested in. You could also cold-email people asking for an informational interview. The best way to get connected in a large company is through an existing employee. Spending effort getting connected to an existed employee is well worth it!
Hi David, Thank you so much for your advice. Yes, I have been checking on LinkedIn. I initially had tried cold-email but I got no response at all so cold-email has been difficult for me to get a response back. I am going out to networking events and meeting new people and making connections which would help. Do you have any other suggestions? Best, Nimit