Will it benefit me after graduating college with a BS in Dance if my school is in a large city?

1

How can I take advantage of the city’s performing Arts opportunities after graduating with a BS in dance? #dance #performing-arts

I Madison, I work as a Career Advisor for a private college and my best advice for you is to start networking. The downside about being in a big city is that your competition is much higher than a small town. The best way to start getting opportunities is you need to meet and speak with those who can help introduce you. Networking events are really great and help ease the anxiety since they're usually social and low-key. Research which places you would like to work/perform at, find out who the main people are and find ways to interact with them. If you don't have one, LinkedIn is a great start to create a social media presence of yourself. Alejandro O.
1

Robert’s Answer

0

The big question is: What are you going to do with your BS? Where do you plan on being in 5 - 10 years?

Practice - Practice and more Practice is going to get you looked at for various roles. You will have to go against people who may have a number of years on you and a number of shows. Do not let this phase you, just do what you do.

Also the bigger cities with the most shows opening every year are your best bet to try for a position.

Since I have no idea of what area of Dance you are going to major in, the one thing I will repeat, Practice, Practice and more practice.

Also look at taking courses in a Minor that can assure you a job when things get tough.

But if this is what you want to do.....Go for it!

0