3
Asked 641 views

What is a job you'd never want to have EVER?

I want to know what is the exact OPPOSITE of what people think they want. What they wouldn't want to do in a million years- and see if, later in life, these ideals are still present. #future-careers

3

0

S.M.,

Interesting question. I think this is TOTALLY different for everyone. I am in staffing and have done sales, which both involve talking to a lot of strangers and being in and out of meetings constantly. A lot of my friends who are in computer science say that they would hate my job and never want to do those things. To me, their jobs seem super boring and tedious, but they love coding. I think it is less about what "job" would you least like and more about what tasks would you least like. For me personally, anything that is sitting in front of a computer quietly sounds rough. I need to be social and interactive throughout the day.

0
0

Hi : My first job out of college was a trainee for a port a potty company, yes, that means driving from location to location emptying out the portable toilets with a vacuum system aboard the truck.!
Needless to say I didn't like the work because I have an acute sense of smell.! Another drawback was the job meant working alone. I realized then that I am very social and it is important to collaborate in-person with colleagues. ( virtual collaboration in todays environment)
So it wasn't a complete disaster, as I was able to meet with he CEO of the company who was very understanding about my reluctance to continue with his firm.
The bottom line is try to learn from each work experience and make the best of a difficult situation.

0
0

Liuv’s Answer

I would not like to work in a hotel again. I did it and did not like it. If you work front desk and the person after your shift calls off guess what you staying for a 16 hour shift unless the person from shift can come in early. 16-20 when under staff was a norm. I did like the slow time because I could do homework but it was very stressful specially when the hotel would be booked. We would work a lot if not all the holidays. It's great if you are not in college and you only have work but juggling full time hotel and full time college was not fun at all but definitely worth it.
0