Kyiana L. S.

437

7

What are the best traveling careers out there?

I am wondering what the best traveling careers are, in anything. It could be in salary, socializing, benefits or anything else. Please respond. :) Have a good day. #travel

checkmark

Best of the Village

I love to travel. I was a strategy consultant for several years, which is a traveling career based on business. While it allowed me to travel quite a lot, the travel wasn't relaxing or luxurious - it was mostly traveling to new cities for meetings in corporate offices. That said, I was still able to spend the evenings and the weekends exploring new cities. The compensation was quite good, and the work was intellectually stimulating. I'd recommend consulting as a job for recent college graduates who are interested in travel. Caveat: Not every place you travel is going to be glamorous. I spent time in amazing cities like Paris, Tokyo, and Shanghai, but I also spent a lot of time in small towns in the midwest and industrial centers outside of Tokyo. You win some and you lose some. Here are some careers my friends have built which have enabled them to travel: - International development - Operations management - Journalism - Filmmaker - Armed Forces I cannot speak first-hand to the benefits / compensation of those careers.
Last updated Jan 17 at 19:51

Some other options: - Join an airline as a flight crew member or pilot - Join the diplomatic corps - Become an aid worker for USAID or some other similar organization - Move abroad to teach english - Join a non-profit organization that serves internationally - Join a supranational organization like the UN or the WTO (it would be helpful to have some political science or legal background for this one). - Become a strategy consultant - Get into sales. A lot of sales positions require travel to visit potential customers

Last updated Jul 27 '12 at 10:26

Schools Add a school