What classes can I take during my senior year that will help me progress in a biomedical field.

I have finished most of my required classes in high school. I want to know what classes will be most beneficial for me to take my senior year, besides AP classes that count as prerequisites. I want to spend the least amount of time in college and still get my biomedical engineer degree. #women-in-science #biomedical #medicine #biology #healthcare #senior-year

3

Marlika’s Answer

When I graduated from high school, I enrolled into a Math course at a local college for the summer so that I would get exposure to college curriculum and transfer credits. In hindsight, I would have taken a Math and possibly an elective like psychology or sociology to get it out of the way. Doing this freed up room for major courses and I didn't have to spend an extra semester or year in school. It actually placed me a semester ahead and my last semester I only took 12 hrs so it gave me a chance to go on interviews, etc.

If you can in high school, take upper level Sciences and Math courses such as Statistics, Calculus, Anatomy & Physiology, Physics or even Chemistry. This will give you exposure to courses that you will have to take in College. During both my undergraduate and graduate matriculations, I always took the fast track by taken the max amount of courses I could take (undergrad-17-18 hrs and grad-9-12 hrs). I took some courses in summer school mini-sessions and also always had an internship/summer program for my CV. This exposes you to high rigor and sets you up for graduate school. I wish you the best of luck. I know that you will do well. :-)

0

Take as many AP or IB courses in high school. You have a lot of years of education in front of you and getting college credit in high school can save you time and money. Take every science you can including biology, chemistry, physics, and computer science. Also try to take calculus.

0

Take AP biology, chemistry, physics and calculus. However, remember that you may be in school for up to 6 years after high school, so also remember to mix in fun, entertaining classes that you will enjoy.

0