4 answers
Asked Viewed 511 times Translate

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? #highschool #collegeapplications #federal-government #scholarships #militarydependent

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you
100% of 5 Pros

4 answers

Updated Translate

Frank’s Answer

Hi Alexia, you bet! You can search for scholarships at no cost at http://www.chegg.com/scholarships, too. Just enter your search parameters and search away. You will have to register to logon to the site so you can provide more detailed profile info and to apply for the ones of interest, but there's no cost or obligation to do so (such a deal!!)

100% of 1 Pros
Updated Translate

Anne’s Answer

Hi Alexia,

I would recommend using scholarship search website such as fastweb or collegeboard and filter for scholarships related to military affiliation. Don't forget to read the requirements of each scholarship to see if it is applicable for you.

For example, https://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarship-directory/military-affiliation

Good luck!

Updated Translate

Daniel’s Answer

If your mother is a active duty Soldier she can potentially transfer the G.I. Bill or Post 911 Bill to you. If she is a Veteran and registered with the Veterans Association she can get benefits for dependants. I believe California allows for paid tuition as long as both reside within California. I would look up the nearest VA Officer and talk how you can benefit from the service your mom has done for this country. Good luck, Semper Fidelis.

Updated Translate

Edesha’s Answer

Hello, Alexia. Aside from the previous mentioned resources, you can also check out the following: