Challenges ahead of me as I seek my goal of being a Doctor?

2

What type of Road Blocks do I face as a minority female entering the Biology/Pre-Medicine fields for college? #biomedical #biology #doctor #physician #medical-field #medicine

2

F’s Answer

0
It must be challenging in a small city when people of color are a minority, but the rest of the country's cities are pretty integrated.
Go to school in an international city and practice there. In my city most medical students and doctors are people of different colors. What matters most is that you don't carry a chip on your shoulder thinking you are your color, because you are of your brain's capacity. If you exude intelligence and kindness people of any color in their right mind will respect you.
0

Dimple’s Answer

0
  1. You will face the same challenges that non minority women face in addition to some unique challenges as a minority woman: One is that likely in any group, office or hospital you may be the only person of your gender in that setting. This is a huge opportunity to let your voice and story be heard and to teach and engage others.
  2. I would recommend you get involved in: https://students-residents.aamc.org/choosing-medical-career/medical-careers/deciding-if-medicine-you/minorities-medicine/

This organization will provide with you assistance and mentoring.

0