How do i become better at managing time?

Updated Daly City, California

I currently do part-time at work, while at the same time I go to school full time. I do about 20 hours of working and whatever time I have left is dedicated to school but I feel really stressed out cause its feels like work overload and this doesn't feel great. #college #school #work #time-management #academic-advising

Judy’s Answer

Time manager starts with setting priorities and realizing you have a limited amount of time each day. You also have to make time to relax or you won’t be effective.

Here are are some tips to get you started

7 Time Management Tips for Students

• Eliminate distractions. Get rid of anything that distracts you and allows you to procrastinate from your work. ... 
  • Be focused at the task at hand. ... 
  • Use a calendar. ... 
  • Use a checklist. ... 
  • Get organised. ... 
  • Schedule rewards. ... 
  • Get a good night's sleep!

Judy recommends the following next steps:

• Get a calendar and set your priorities so you can focus your time each day and work on the most important things each day

Tim’s Answer

Updated Los Angeles, California

Write a daily list of what you want to accomplish and allocate time for each goal. Eventually you'll better realize how long each task should take and what is attainable given your time. One of the most important things I've learned in my career is identifying what not to do. You'll become better at prioritization and at identifying other ways to accomplish the intent of the tasks that don't get accomplished that day. If you don't get around to goal after a significant amount of time... it wasn't important.