How to get a fully-paid internship (in another state) for the summer?

Asked Miami, Florida

Next summer, I want to explore a software engineering internship in another state. However, due to financial circumstances I would need for the internship to pay for my housing as well. Any tips on how to secure an internship that offers this?

Thank you so much for your guidance.

#internships #summer-internship #travel #software #technology

Ken’s Answer

Updated Cleveland, Ohio

A good way to find such an opportunity is to locate the professional associations to which professionals in software engineering belong. These national associations many times know of and often offer such internship opportunities. You can find such professional associations by talking to the reference librarian at your local library, who should be able to provide information about local chapters of these associations and appropriate contact people.

Rafael A.’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Fastweb.com has some internship opportunities on their site that may be of use. Also look at a company companies that you value and do a google search for Internship opportunities. Both of these methods should be a good starting point.