what extracurricular activities will help when applying to universities for computer science as a major?

I already listed that I self taught myself to code but am wondering what other activities would be interesting to pursue and list as an activity #college-majors #computerscience #university #extracurricular #technology

2

Nathaniel’s Answer

As someone who sought out additional responsibilities in order to get accepted to schools, this is the feedback I received from admissions officers:

Join a club. Seek out computer science clubs at community centers or libraries. If a club doesn't exist, create one!

Volunteer to teach others the skills you've acquired.

Build a website. There are always organizations and groups looking for help to get on the web.

Use your resources to find how you can spread your lnowledge and help others with your existing computer science skills. This will show that you take initiative and will also make you better!

Take USACO competition and get award Cindy Lu

As previously mentioned by Nathaniel, I would recommend building a website in your free time with whichever language you are building your skills in. Also, code.org offers volunteer activities that will help you exemplify your coding skills and will be an extracurricular activity to list on your resume that shows how you contribute to your community. Here is the link: https://code.org/volunteer Devan Oates

0

Yeskendir (Alex)’s Answer

I remember back in high school we had an IT center that would help students/teachers with any computer issues they may be experiencing. You might want to see if you can help out there as I remember a high school friend of mine worked there during lunch and it helped him differentiate himself when applying for comp sci schools.

0