Why study Business Marketing as a major?

Asked Las Vegas, Nevada

I'm trying to find out if that would be the right course to take. #college-major #choosing-a-major #majors #college-majors

Grant’s Answer

Updated San Diego, California

Business Marketing has transformed so much in the past 10 years that it has begun to drive business models themselves... think about how people share their company's story now via social media. Think about how important the corporate image is in a world where your name is at risk daily and one customer could sink a company! I think its an exciting place to be and one that will continue to evolve as our social landscape changes, as well as a space where the impacts span across all aspects of business...

Kayla’s Answer

Business in general is a great choice because it allows for so many job opportunities . Marketing is a cool branch of business because it is less rigid and more creative compared to finance or accounting. However, marketing jobs can also be harder to get than finance/accounting so it's a give and take. Within marketing you can go in a lot of different directions and have different experiences at new jobs all the time. It will keep you interested in the long run and give you more control over your future!

This is my major and I love it. It give you a background on how businesses bring their products to market. It also is a good solid degree that can open doors to many different types of jobs based on your skilled set. If you want to help drive a company to succeed, marketing is key.

Karen’s Answer

Updated Campbell, California

I love marketing. This degree not only helps you understand how companies operate, it provides you a broad background. The opportunities are extensive and it is not a narrow field. I would ensure you focus not only on the marketing, but the business strategy side as well.

Karen recommends the following next steps:

• Look on LinkedIn for all the various marketing jobs that are out there.