Is it best to be an OBGYN or just focus on gynecology?

I'm set on working in the area of gynecology and believe I want to go all the way and become a doctor. However, I've noticed that many people are OBGYNs, not one or the other. While I think I'd love doing both, I'm not sure if I'm as passionate about the obstetric side. What are the pros and cons of doing both or just focusing on gynecology? Will it affect my patient amounts, my credibility? Any thoughts are appreciated.

#doctor #obgyn #gynecology #medicine

1

Alexander’s Answer

The field is only available as OBGYN, though you can specialize in Gynecology after your residency or just focus your job on Gynecology.

Alexander recommends the following next steps:

Realize that obstetrics and gynecology are two sides of the same coin.
Saved!

0

Estelle’s Answer

In order to do obstetrics or gynecology you need to complete an OBGyn residency that trains you to do both. Afterwards, you may limit your practice to either. I also am more passionate about gynecology and gynecologic surgery and have limited my practice to that for the last 20 years.

0