Marie Angelica P.’s Avatar

Marie Angelica P.

106

3

How was the transition from being a medical student to a resident?

It was difficult for me because, as a medical student, I had my interns, residents and attending physicians supervising me. When I hit internship that safety net wasn't as big because I became part of the safety net. The hardest thing was learning to make decisions confidently. It took a few months but I got over the 'stage fright' and became comfortable with decisions, workload and really enjoyed working as a physician. Once you are part of a patient's care plan and actively engaged in making decisions with your team, the patient, family and nursing staff, you feel a great sense of satisfaction and remember why you're there in the first place. So, it's not an easy transition - it never is but it's a part of training and we will all tell you how important that part of your education becomes.

Last updated Oct 26 at 11:24 PM

Hello Marie Angelica: Here's a link to information on how to make the transition from a medical student to residency. You might want to start here.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/financial-aid/article/easing-residency-transition-tips/

This link is from the AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) website.

Good Luck to You!

Last updated Oct 17 at 02:16 AM