What careers allow me to help society peacefully?

Updated Boston, Massachusetts

I am a 20 year old architectural engineering student (year 2) and I have to start college over and I want to choose a different career as I thought that architecture isn't doing enough serving people and the society for me, I thought of being a police officer/detective but then I realized that it isn't me I'm a pacifist that's number one , number two seeing dramatic events on TV makes me sick what about seeing it for real and number three it's that I have problems with bravery and courage, so I was asking about a career which:
1) helps the society and the people.
2) is somewhat peaceful.
3)I don't have to get more than an associate's or bachelors degree to get( I though of law and medicine but I'm too afraid of blood and I can't stay in college for 8 years or more to get a job as I'm 20 now).
4) is exciting but peaceful and happy but not too "forget all of your problems" and get to work type of job this type of jobs include (architecture-interior design-fashion design-art...).
5) isn't boring like accounting for example.

Please if you have an answer give it and don't make fun of the question, If there's any career which you think applies to the upper qualities I would love to know about, thanks a lot for your time and sorry for the long question. #career #career-choice #help

Gary’s Answer

Updated Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India

If you want to find a career that helps people and society, I'd suggest the following:
1) Start by volunteering in your local community. 2) If you liked that, then volunteer abroad.
3) Make a list of companies / organizations that you believe help people and society in a way that you're exited about.
4) Go to their websites and look at their careers section for jobs that you might want to someday do.
5) Read the job requirements to get an idea of what degree you need or whether you need a degree. If you're really serious about preparing yourself, try contacting them to let them know that you would like to be qualified for their job after you finish your education and you would be interested in getting some advice from them on what the perfect candidate looks like.
6) If you really like the company, try to get an internship there.

If you do the above, I'm guessing that you would be able to make some pretty significant progress one month from now.

One tricky part might be step 3. A couple of principles to keep in mind: Do not limit yourself to companies that you think you qualify for. Cast a wide net. If you think that médecins sans frontières is an awesome organization but you're not a doctor, you can still work in a support role helping them make their work happen. Use the internet, Facebook, YouTube, or the TV to find out about organizations you might want to join. You could also find some magazines about the social issues you care about and see who is featured in the magazines.

Most importantly, have fun with it! Be focused! Follow a structure!

Nursing is short you must have all the pre programs you need that is a short program and good pay rewarding and you are helping others 20 is very young you can go to school at any age for as long as you like. You are not old. I did a change at 53.

Updated New York, New York
<html><head></head><body>

With your architecture engineering background, you could work in lots of "green" ecology organizations, some that recycle used building-construction materials and create rooftop gardens, such as Build It Green (www.bignyc.org). There are many organizations across the country doing this sort of work. Also, look at www.guidestar.org for access to thousands of not for profit organizations across the country that are doing good work in many fields.

</body></html>

Gary’s Answer

Updated Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Why do you need to start college all over again? That can be incredibly expensive. If you're only in your second year of school, you can just switch programs and you should be fine. I switched my major 4 times in college. Beware of starting college all over again -- it could tip off employers that you're unreliable!