Hey, Damanique! Good luck in exploring the CNA career path. I hope you find this information helpful.
Common CNA job duties and CNA responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Answer patients' call signals.
- Help patients to eat, dress and bathe
- Deliver messages
- Serve meals
- Turn and reposition bedridden patients to prevent bedsores
- Observe patients' conditions
- Measure and record food and liquid intake
- Listen to and record patients’ health concerns and report that information
- Measure patients’ vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Provide patient care by applying dressings and supervising exercise routines
- Prepare patients for surgery, treatment, or examination.
- Transport patients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher
- Clean rooms and change linens
The above are typical of what would be required in a facility such as a hospital, nursing home, rehabilitation center, Adult Living Facility, Congregate Living facility or group home. Other employment may be found in home health or school environments where it would be more of a one to one situation available through a Home Health agency. In the home, one would be providing activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, toileting, and ambulation as well as IADLs (activities of daily living that promote independence) such as meal prep, shopping, assisting with scheduling/attending medical appointments, homemaking and housekeeping. This could be short term following a hospitalization or rehab or long term to assist someone remaining in their own residence.
Bo recommends the following next steps:
Hello, I hope all is well. If you are considering to become a CNA, it entails providing a great deal of hands on patient care to persons in a nursing home, hospital and the patient's home environment. It involves dressing, bathing, feeding and other basic activities of life. A day in the life of a CNA looks like this listed below:
Nija recommends the following next steps: