Scope And Earning of Data Analyst in future.What should be done to move fast in this field.

Asked Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Palash’s Answer

Updated Chicago, Illinois

Hi Vardhmaan,

Its nice to see your interest in Data Analysis as the field is growing very fast, and people are constantly looking for new ways to solve our problems.

While it is difficult for me to say about the future, from my own research, a Data Analyst can take on multiple career paths according to the interest or goals. Business analytics and Data science are two streams that are next to Data analyst. There are other roles too which one can make their specialization, like Database administrator, Business systems analyst, Machine learning or a Specialist in creating visualization. In govt. sector too, research is going on to improve public policy.

The field itself is growing rapidly and staying up to date with the trends/tech can help in the longer run. There are websites, blogs, contests and online communities centered around it, which are great for the learning and development. Another way to stay ahead is looking at the job descriptions of positions which companies are seeking to fill. The skills and responsibilities in these descriptions are the additional areas to pursue for development and can provide an idea for the earning potential too.

These are some of the ways by which I started my own learning but there can be more.

Thank you and let me know if I missed any point.

Best wishes.