What are the pros and cons of the music industry?

3
3

Raphael’s Answer

0

That is a pretty open question. Depends on what you are trying to inside the industry. I need a more specific question

As far as an artist goes when you are signed to a label there are rules you have to play by which may limit your creativity or who you can work with.

Pertaining to any other job I consider it like sales work. The money is great when there is work but you don’t know when your next check is coming.

0

Elen’s Answer

0

Hey there! So, here are some positive and negative sides of music industry:

Negative

1. If you want to be a music creator, your whole day will be spent in front of a computer screen which makes you really tired

2. If you make music just for fun, it's not the same as building your career in that industry

3. You have to have the talent of hearing the notes. For example, when watching an unofficial clip for a music video, you have to pay attention on the music itself, so you can see if the music is right or a semi tone higher/lower

Positive

1. It's very amazing! No, seriously, when you are listening to other music you are like "hey, I want my music to be more beautiful". And you have that chance now!

2. You have the opportunity to practice for free! If you are a beginner, I recommend you to download Bandlab music editor. It is free and it can help you to know the basics of music creating

3. Music is the profession which requires talent only. You can start creating music from now! Music doesn't pay attention on age, but talent is required.

Elen recommends the following next steps:

• Download a music creating app
0

Kenneth’s Answer

0
Hey!

There are many pros to this industry.

1. The connections you make are the most important part of this job. You get to create a community of people who aspire to also be a part of the music industry!

2. You will be pursuing your passion and your drive and dedication will guide you to work hard every day.

3. There is always room to grow as an independent artist in the industry

Cons:

1. Money will be an issue for a little while, but with time, connections will grow, offering you jobs that will fit your branch of work.

2. not everybody has good intentions when it comes to giving you advice. listen closely to people who have good intentions when they speak to you about your career.
0

Kevin’s Answer

0
Hi! The rewards can be monetary or just the personal satisfaction and the love of playing music! Of course one can make a career of the music business and be comfortable or very successful. Just know.... it is a very competitive business as I am sure you have heard. If this is you're dream than go for it! No boundaries as to what you may achieve. :)
0