What are the core math subjects needed to be a cardiologist?

For many years I have known this is the career path that I wanted to follow through with. I am currently taking AP Calculus and I am having lots of difficulties. I know I need math knowledge ,but how much Calculus is actually applied/ needed to get to my end goal. #doctor #surgery #cardiologist

5

Most medical schools require 1 semester of statistics. Also During college you must complete the math required for your bachelors degree which can include calculus for most science and business majors.

Thanks, I understand now the difference between calculus and statistics Irene M.

1

Sarah’s Answer

Not more than the math needed to enter medical school i.e needed to take the MCAT. Not all medical schools require calculus as a prerequisite. You just need enough math to enter medical and that all for math.

1

Alex’s Answer

<html><head></head><body>

Calculus and statistics in college (as part of a pre-med degree program). Here are some examples of med schools talking about what they require of applicants: Hopkins Harvard StonyBrook

</body></html>

1

Estelle’s Answer

One semester of calculus. Hopefully you can pass the AP test and get out of your calculus in college. Also you could take calculus at a community college.

1

One semester of calculus should fulfill the pre-med requirements. With regard to how much math is required in the daily life of a cardiologist? Almost none. If you need to perform a calculation, you will have a computer there to run the numbers.

1