What are some tools of the trade I should be familiar with in culinary?

3
3

Ravi’s Answer

0

As an amateur cook myself i would like to point out that the passion cooking should come from the Heart. Preset a dish that heals your Soul.

Anyone can cook , but what makes you different is how well you cook.

Just like any other field you learn by practice and in cooking self play an important role.

Online you can fine infinity number of recipe which you can use for your practice. with each dish you make you will learn something new.

In case you are passionate you can go for couple of weekend classes to get the basics right.

Mostly in the culinary school they teach you different techniques which is not required if you are not making it a career. One important thing i would like to mention is there is no certain set of rules you will learn and it all comes to experience and practice.

The best mentor will be your MUM while you are starting.

I would suggest you get the following book:- Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia child

This will help you improve your technique.

0

Mark’s Answer

0
For the time being concentrate on your knife skills, its usually the thing most cooks struggle with. I used to buy vegetables and practice at home. Just pay attention to what the other cooks are doing, write things down, and be aware of everything that is going on around you.
0

Jeff’s Answer

0

Some tools of the trade will be chemistry and physics.

You need to know how different chemicals work together in order to provide the best food possible.

You need physics - mostly heat transfer - to know how best to cook particular dishes. Not everything cooks at 350 degrees for an hour.

0