Are there any opportunities for self-employment in human resource management?

2
2

Maria’s Answer

1

Some smaller companies outsource their HR functions so there are opportunities to be a consultant at firms that provide these types of services. 

I also know HR leaders who have left corporations and started their own Employee Relations company and they provide this service to companies interested in getting help in this area. 

1

Lisa’s Answer

0
Absolutely! Consulting comes to my mind. If there is particular area within "Human Resources" that interests you, example, payroll, benefits, recruiting, focus your education to that particular area, build relationships with others that might be looking for those services for their business. For me personally, I enjoy writing, and have a particular interest in helping others with their resume. So I have taken online resume writing classes to learn more about the best way to write a resume, and offered my services to others. Best of luck!
0

Liann’s Answer

0

Hello,

One way to possibly be self-employed, but still related to the Human Resource field is as a team building facilitator. This role from what I know of, is where someone or some company is contracted to come into another company for a short period of time in order to lead activities and events that build relationships and encourage working together for that company. If you Google "Team Building Facilitator" you can look at existing jobs on monster.com or indeed.com to look at what the requirements are and a more specific job description to see if this is something you might be interested in!

0