Is there anything of importance that you think I should know before going into the field? Any advice?

1

I'm a high school student interested in being an obstetrician! I love being able to make people's lives brighten and to me that brightness for any expecting mother is being able to have their baby and hold him/her for the first time. I have a few distant family members in the field and hearing about what they do interested me! #obstetrician #doctor #obgyn #midwiving #midwive #nurse #nursing #medicine #healthcare

1

Sylvia’s Answer

0
You need to be passionate and to love what you do, for me being a nurse means helping people at their worst, to be able to make a difference in peoples lives mean everything to me, it’s what drives me, what keeps me going and makes me get out of bed everyday. I love to touch peoples hearts and make a difference. If you go into a profession for the wrong reason, you will hate your job and you will be miserable. Not only will affect your life but will also affect everyone around you . You must love and enjoy what you do and that is what makes a difference at the end.
0