What made you specialize in Physical Therapy?

2

Aleksi’s Answer

The main reason I wanted to be a physical therapist was because I wanted to help others. Physical therapy is rewarding because you help individuals reach their goals and overcome obstacles. It is a profession which has many opportunities and allows you to use your creativity to help patients. Physical therapists can work in a variety of settings including clinics, hospitals, schools, industrial, and nursing homes. There are specialities such as pediatrics ( working with children), geriatrics (working with elderly), orthopedics, neurology, and sports. As a physical therapist you also get to be part of a larger healthcare team that may include doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, speech therapists and athletic trainers.

Another reason why I wanted to become a physical therapist is because I have always been fascinated with anatomy and how the human body works. As a physical therapist you have to have extensive knowledge about anatomy and physiology and how each of the joints, bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, organs and nerves function together. Physical therapy was the perfect combination for me to combine my passion for helping others along with my interest in anatomy and physiology.

0

Linda’s Answer

For me I knew it was a field with endless opportunities throughout my lifespan. Being a physical therapist is a career that can lead you to work in areas you never knew you could as well as provide care to thousands of people to help them recover, restore, prevent and improve their lives.

0