What Engineering career is in demand currently?

6

I am interested in Engineering, but I have not chosen the type I want to go in to. I need more information on which one I want to choose. #engineering # #engineer #career

6

Robert’s Answer

2

Get a BS in mechanical engineering. It is the most versatile. With my BSME I’ve worked in aerospace, biomedical, software, systems, and manufacturing jobs. Biomedical Engineering is probably the most stable and promising career paths.

2

Thomas’s Answer

1
Electrical Engineering- this covers power systems. Electronics software
1

Estelle’s Answer

0
The correct answer is all of them. An even better answer is which one do you find most interesting and exciting. if you like electronics, computers, programming then electrical engineering. If you like building roads, bridges, dams and such then civil engineering. Mechanical engineers love to build things like robots and machines that move. Computer and IT engineers are kind of like electrical engineers. Take lots of math , physics, and chemistry to prepare yourself.
0

Christine’s Answer

0
Hi Henry - career opportunities are booming for those with technology engineering backgrounds. With the technological movement that we are currently experiencing in all industries, computer scientists, computer engineers, systems engineers, etc. are all in high demand. This is true for both large tech companies (think industry roles) as well as professional services firms (think consulting roles). Both groups of employers are looking for strong technological skills to help bring their organizations to the next level. Emerging technologies like AI, RPA, virtual & augmented reality, 3D printing, etc. are changing the landscape for the future. The demand for technologists and data scientists currently far exceeds the supply - something to think about!

Christine
0

Abbas’s Answer

0
With a Bachelors and a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, I have had a very rewarding career in the area of computer networking and IT.

Below article may help to provide you a broader perspective: https://newengineer.com/insight/8-of-the-most-in-demand-engineering-jobs-for-2020-1126177
0

Emily’s Answer

0
All engineering fields will give you a good opportunity for success post graduation depending on your college success. Most companies are looking for internship experience in college and decent grades (3+ preferably 3.5+). Choose a major based on what sounds interesting to you.
0