What are some tips for getting into the medical field?
I am a freshman in high school and have always dreamed of being in the medical field. Specifically either dermatology or OB-GYN.
#medicine #healthcare #doctor #dermatology #obgyn
Take AP and advanced courses as often as possible and maintain high grades. Meet with your guidance counselor to plot the appropriate high school courses. Reach out to local medical researchers and volunteer to help them carry out their research activities.
In addition, Do well in high school.
Other steps after high school will help like:
1. Get into a great college.
2. Take the MCAT (and get a good score)
3. Apply and get into medical school.
4. Become a licensed doctor by passing your boards.
5. Choose your specialty and complete your residency.
6. Take and pass your final boards to practice independently.
Also spend time volunteering, shadowing, and participating in research.