Can i live a happy life by making a career out of the military

5
5

Cindie’s Answer

0
Hi Christopher. I did not choose to go into the military, but my step son is in the military and he seems to be very happy with his choice. The nice thing about the military is the structure. Some people really thrive on having a very structured life and the military would likely be highly suited for you if this is what you like. Also, there are many options for finding what it is you might like to pursue as a civil career when you get out if you don't already know. And you might also get to travel some. But there are some downsides such as too much structure and little freedom; you can't just quit the military because you don't like them without it being a significant issue. So when you sign up, you sign up for the duration of your term. But the short answer is, "yes," you can be happy in the military but you need to know what your tolerance is for structure and authority at least over a short period of 2 to 4 years.
0

Dawn’s Answer

0
Yes, I come from an entire family of very happy military careers. To ensure your happiness you should find out the answers to these questions;

What jobs are actually available?
Can the branch you are interested put you in touch with a service member in the field I’m interested in?
What is the retention rate for your prospective job and service?

0

0
I have seen many people who greatly enjoyed living in the military. The career skills, travel, sense of community and teamwork are greatly appealing. In my observations, people generally get out of it what they point into it.

That being said some people are simply not suited for military life. You must be able to give freely of yourself, understand the military values and live by them. The military is a life of sacrifice and selfless service. If you can't be happy with that then you may want to live another kind of life.
0

Nicholas’s Answer

0
You can definitely live a happy life while in the military, I am currently 7.5 years in and have a family pursing extracurricular learning, going for my bachelors, I have received a lot of certifications. The experience and friendships I have been able to receive so far is amazing. It definitely has its downsides but every where you would go will have that. You have to figure out what you are trying to accomplish in life. What are your goals?
0