What are the qualifications required to become a Air force officer?

Updated Providence, Rhode Island

How can I prepare mentally and physically to be an air force officer?
In Bangalore where can I find the Air Force Government colleges?
I want to know what all the positions available in the air force and their qualifications?
And how can I become an air force officer?
#educator #military #government #army #air-force #officer

Ld’s Answer

Updated Midland, Texas

Hi Namitha - I'm sorry but I don't know much about the Indian Air Force commissioning programs, but here is a link to the Air Force Technical College in Bangalore: http://indianairforce.nic.in/show_page.php?pg_id=81 I can tell you that in the United States Military (I am retired Navy), we require officers to hold at least a Bachelor's degree. It is generally not required to have a technical degree, but based on the types of career paths in the military and due to their technical nature, it is advisable to have a solid foundation in math and science. (Just for reference: I was an English major in college, but had a semester of calculus and a year of physics. Early in my career, the technical knowledge served me well, but after a few years, my ability to write REALLY served me well.) As far as careers go, I believe it's similar to the US Air Force. If you're interested in becoming a pilot or navigator, go for it! It may be tough, but if you don't apply for it, you'll certainly never get it! If you're not interested in that, there are probably positions in charge of aircraft maintenance, logistics, and personnel administration that are very valuable and would have direct benefit to working as a civilian later. You might also look at computer science, since the military experience is such a great place to get going with a field like that. Regarding mental and physical preparation, I think the best thing you can do is to be a runner and stay fit. I suggest you seek out road races (if they are available). Where I live, especially during the summer, it is very common to have a 5 kilometer race on the weekends. Training for 5 and 10-k races helps you respect the discipline needed to achieve those goals. It is similar to the discipline they require in the military. I have limited experience with the Indian Military, but it was a very good experience. I wish you the best of luck in service to your country!