Rachel F.

91

2

Hi, As far as salary is concerned, I don't think there is a difference. However, there is a hiring preference for BSNs. If you are an ADN, most employers will ask you to agree to obtain your BSN within a certain timeframe; usually around 5 years. Sometimes the employer will pay for part of your BSN tuition if you work full time. If you plan on getting an ADN, try to work for work for a healthcare system before you graduate. It is hard to get hired with just an ADN and no personal contacts.
Last updated Oct 13 at 21:04

I agree with all of these responses; I would just highlight that there are some programs that grant a ASN and then continue with the BSN. If this is a program option I would take it since you’d be getting RN #nursing experience as well as a BSN - giving you a leg up over BSN new grads. A great site to check out is discovernursing.org. I’ve listed one of my favorite sites within that site.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Nov 20 at 21:42

Yes, same answer. Some hospitals offer a differential for higher degree
Last updated Oct 16 at 18:59

Schools Add a schools