Is the salary of a Pharmacy Technician enough to obtain a sustainable lifestyle?

4

I am a twenty-one year old trade student, studying to become pharmacy technician. Some of my hobbies include sewing, embroidering, and drawing. I am very interested in pursuing healthcare , but I also want to pursue the arts industry.#pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #medicine #pharm-tech #healthcare

4

0
To answer this honestly, I have to say, that no it is not! If you have no rent to pay and you live at home, then it’s a good start, in learning to be a pharmacist. It’s a stressful job! One retail pharmacist told me, that it’s hard work and low pay. So I quit the next day. I apologize, if this is too discouraging, but I wanted to save you any heart ache and pain.

If you want to be a pharmacy tech, do so in a hospital pharmacy. The pay may be better and not as stressful!

Thank you for your honesty! Breoni S.
0

Dana’s Answer

0
My answer is yes, a very qualified yes. I paid my tech's very well. Starting at $16.00/hr in 2010 maxing out at $35.00 for highly qualified techs.
Life style and geographic location pay a very important part of this response. Single, living a low cost lifestyle vs married, with children in an area such as San Francisco will require different answers.
Starting salaries very. You can advance to a livable wage with benefits. Some of my techs eventually went to pharmacy school which was not that difficult a transition others went to public health and some to nursing. Many stayed as tech managers with a good salary and very nice benefit package.
I recommend in your studies that you have a clear focus of your eventual path and goal. This focus will assist you in your learning and eventual career.
Best wishes to you whatever path you follow.
0

0
This highly depends upon your cost of living. If you can carefully manage a budget and don't spend much, a salary of $15-25 per hour may allow you to live comfortably.
0

0
Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT) are vital to the operational success of any pharmacy. Look to your States Board of Pharmacy’s requirements for certification.
Regards,
0

Giaan’s Answer

0
To be honest, not really. It also depends on the region that you're located in the US too. Typically pharmacy techs make around $14-20. From there, you also have to account for living expenses, health care, transportation....etc.
0