What growth opportunities are there in the field of physical therapy?

4

I'm a female, 19 years old. I'm studying Rehabilitation Technician at Job Corps to become a Physical Therapist Assistants.
#physical-therapist #sports-medicine #rehab #occupational-therapy #physical-therapy

4

Ann’s Answer

1
Hi Luz,

I am glad you are already beginning to look are career potential! Growth in any field often varies by state. I recommend checking out onetonline.org. This site will give you expected growth for many jobs based on state and in the national average. Hope this helps!
1

Marla’s Answer

1
There are lots of different settings you can work in as a physical therapist. Outpatient, sports, acute care/hospital, skilled nursing facilities, women's health, just to name a few. You have the option to open your own clinic or business, or work as part of an existing company, hospital, or facility. An opportunity for growth for inpatient therapists is to become Director of Rehab, or you can go the corporate route and oversee several buildings. If you start feeling stagnant in one setting, there are lots of different options. PTAs can become Directors of Rehab and clinic owners, however this can get tricky with PTAs needing to be supervised by PTs. I believe the exact rules vary by state.
1

Maryann’s Answer

1
You will come out with a DPT. You can do the pre requirements and then apply to PT school or you can apply to the DPT.
There are so many specialties that you can choose from. If you like sports you can specialized in orthopedic and sports medicine. You can work in private practice, acute care, subacute, pediatrics, home care, schools, corporation as a consultant. If you want to manage you can become a Rehab Manager, Supervisor or Director. I only need a few growth opportunities.
It's a beautiful and rewarding profession.
You will always have a job.

Best wishes!

Best wishes

1

Deborah R.’s Answer

1
Due to the corona virus and social distancing at this time, going online to connect with patients has almost become a requirement in order to stay in business.
So, don't forget about telehealth, along with the many other opportunities for growth in physical therapy. I think it will become increasingly important and widely available

Deborah R. recommends the following next steps:

• research telehealth online
  • learn from your own experiences of telehealth
1