Here are some things you can do for stress management in general:
1. Call your loved ones - family, friends, etc
2. Take a walk (with safe social distancing) in nature
3. Schedule no-screen time where you put your phone/laptop on mute and just reflect and think
4. Engage in spirituality/mindfulness/faith if you have that to lean on
5. Journal out your thoughts
6. Reconnect with an old friend
7. Think about the people who have it much worse than you right now to get some humbling perspective
8. Talk to a trusted mentor or friend who is doing/has done what you’ve set out to achieve and ask for tailored advice
9. Exercise to keep the mind active and unlock your potential!
10. Remember who you’re trying to support as you look to achieve your goals - Maybe your family, the less fortunate, etc.
But beyond that, when you've had some time & distance from the stress, wade back into your work slowly. Again, allow yourself some grace. Recognize that everyone has moments where it feels like there is too much on their plates or that the work asked of them is too hard or unfamiliar. Break up tasks into smaller pieces & evaluate what you can truly get accomplished. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Stay connected with others and lean into vulnerability. People want to help & sometimes all we need is someone to let us talk things out & discover our own way forward.
Activities outside of work that can help relieve that stress include writing out your thoughts, exercise and even listening to music can help alleviate that feeling of being overrun. Remembering to also just take a break when you can't go anymore can help you take a moment to breath and recollect yourself.
It can be tough at times but sometimes just talking to someone in general about those struggles can be the difference maker. It helps us to realize that we are not alone in this and somebody is happy to listen to our concerns.
Breaking these challenges down can also help you communicate what you need from others. When you share your feelings of stress with someone you trust, you have every right to say: a) I just want you to listen to me, b) I want your advice, or c) I need your help.
Keep up the great work,
1. Knowing your upper threshold in equally important before you stress out yourself too much. Look if not this do you have an alternative in life.
2. If there is no alternative then gear up yourself. Our mind in such situations create a worst outcome & we fear the future. Rather thinking on the outcome gear up with the action plan. Break the action plan into tasks & get past your situation. Use the fear to act not to scare you of the future.
Remember be it Good or Bad, time has to pass over!!